As an essential service, we are OPEN even during the lockdowns and offering takeout and preorder service.
Our little indoor shop operates from Wednesdays to Saturdays from 8 am – 5pm. Available products for take out include pastries, beverages, and pies. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No reservations available for our drop ins. If you would like to reserve items, please read about our preorder pick up service below.
- We have a small indoor store space for in person shopping, but we do not have indoor seating yet.
- We cannot offer access to our bathrooms.
- Sandwiches are now available for drop ins. They are ready daily from 10AM onwards!
We will continue to offer preorder pick ups from Wednesdays to Saturdays from 11 AM – 5pm. Our preorder menu goes live on our website every Sunday morning at 9AM. To place your order, check out our menu, add items to your cart, select a pick up date, and then process your payment. As soon as payment is received, you will get an automatic email confirmation with your order number. This means we received your order, and we will have it ready for pick up on your chosen pick up date. All orders must be pre paid. If you can no longer come at your chosen pick up date, please let us know 48 hours prior to arrange a full refund. If you would like to change your pick up, send us a email and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
When you come to pick up your preorder:
Once you arrive to pick up your order, please line up at our front steps at the door for “Preorder Pick Ups”. We will ask you for your last name or your order number. We will retrieve your order and confirm your items with you before you leave.
We cannot offer delivery at this time. Our sincere apologies!
We are strictly sanitizing our workspace at set intervals between shifts, being very mindful about washing our hands regularly, and practicing stringent physical distancing both at work and at home.
For the safety of our team and your fellow customers, please refrain from visiting our bakery if you have travelled within 14 days, have come in contact with someone ill, or if you feel symptoms of Covid-19 yourself. Please stay home. We’ve had a number of Cumberland residents offer to do deliveries for fellow customers in self-isolation, so if that would be helpful to you, please contact us for arrangements at email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation, support, kindness and patience as we continually adapt and improve our system!
Looking for sourdough starter to bake at home? You’re in the right place!
Stop in to pick some up for free! Available anytime from Wednesday – Saturday, you can stop in from 8am – 5pm.
Bring your own container. We will give you approx 1/4 cup worth for free. No order required. Place your container OPEN on the outside table for us to fill.
What do I feed it?
Approximately 50g flour & 50g water. Preferably unbleached flour, any kind will do. Store in the fridge when not in use, and feed once a week. When you plan to use it, bring it to room temperature 2 days prior and feed it to wake it up!
Need help? Check out Happy Hearted Kitchen for awesome tips and videos!
Did you buy a savoury frozen pie for baking at home? Need directions?
You can bake from frozen or thawed really. From frozen will just take a bit longer.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Note depending on your oven’s performance you may have to adjust this hotter or lower as needed. You know your oven best, so proceed as you normally would for a recipe, ie. If you know your oven is not generally hot enough, then preheat to 400F or 425F even. You can always lower part way through baking if you find the edges are getting too dark.
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg whisked up). This is only for aethestics to give you a nice shiny golden crust. If you dont have an egg, you can brush with cream or milk instead. Or nothing even, if you dont mind a duller looking crust.
- Bake in your preheated oven for approx 60 min if thawed, and 1hr 15 min if frozen.
- Note that convection ovens bake faster and more evenly than standard ovens. A standard oven may take up to 15 – 20 min longer.
- The filling is cooked, so bake until crust is a deep golden brown.
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven, on a non-insulated baking sheet to insure the bottom bakes evenly.
Let rest 15 minutes prior to serving to allow the juices to absorb.